2017 Mission to Serve
I am scanning for events every weekend.
(Click here for 2013, 2014,2015 deeds in Christ's name...)
Join me to do Charity on a real "street" level! Whether you ride or not! Car is OK!
8 points of the Maltese Cross...Knights of St. John Symbol...
1. Life in truth 2. Have strong faith 3. To be sincere and wholehearted 4. To give proof of humility 5. To love justice 6. To be merciful 7. Endure persecution 8. To repent of sin
Here is the "CUT" (vest) I chose.
See below for cut details...Front left: "nickname" up to you or the brothers close to you that pick your nicknames by vote. That can get fun! Place it on "your" left side, front right side...leave open for position in Ministry eg: "Road Captain."
The "CUT" in action...
I ran with a "true" MC and made an effort to choose colors that would not conflict with other clubs. This may seem minor to a laymen, but colors are the most important part of a motorcycle club. The colors are protected like you would your child. If you have similar color design to a current Motorcycle Club, you will get approached to remove it and change it. The consequences are anywhere from a warning to physical conflict. So...trust me with the design I chose. Also, to show unity...the CUT (vest) must be the same in all councils. Only the City and council number will change. No one should attempt to make changes on their own or create their own CUT. The point is nation wide unity! This CUT (vest) will be one aspect of the Knights that will be a common thread between all councils. To go to any City in this nation and see this CUT on our riders will impress and make for a great recruiting tool. Extremely important!!
Have a motorcycle and want to join, or are not yet a Knight or even a Catholic...call me at 951-265-6260 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's get you started!! We need great Catholic men that love to ride!
Cut (Vest) details...
Every club out there follow certain rules regarding wearing a cut...here are the basics...
1. Choose a cut that is big enough to wear over your winter gear for exposure at all times.
2. Wear the cut every time you ride, no matter how short the ride. Every opportunity to share your Faith and recruit to the Knights should be taken. Wear it to Church. That gives catholic men a chance to approach you to learn about the KofC after mass. Hang out for a few minutes by your bike to give a person a chance to approach you..
3. Never wear the cut while driving a car. Carry it on your lap or next to you. Put it on after exiting.
4. The "top rocker" KNIGHTS is 13 in wide, 4 in tall. Size according to what your cut will fit. The "bottom rocker", COLUMBUS is 12 in wide, 3 in tall. The "of" is 1 1/2 x 1 3/4. All the other patches will fit. Your city may be too long, if so, break into 2 parts if you can. 1 7/8'' tall for City left side of cut and Council#...right side of cut. Below "Columbus" is your State.
5. ORDER The patches from "PINS and NEEDLES" in Hemet, Ca. Ask for "Joseph Chesla Knights Cut Layout". Their phone is 951-929-3171. You can drop your cut there or order patches to be mailed to you. I can pick them up if you need me to.
6. Never take the cut off at an event...it will be taken as a lesson by other clubs or even as a trophy. Guard it as would a Moto Man of God of the past would his armor.
7. Most of all...remain consistent. This is the basic cut format...not to be changed. It will remain constant all over the KofC councils. Yes, you can add what you wish to the front pockets and what all...like pins or any other symbol or message important.
***Refrain from putting "big scripture" or other items that say "look at me, I am a CHRISTIAN". Make it very subtle or cryptic if you want symbols like that. We want to be known by our Love and Commitment to Jesus, his word, his Church, his teachings and commitment to the KofC. That will show through us, through our actions, not advertised on our cuts.
Last but not least...have your cut blessed by your Priest!
Home Grand Knights Blog Contact Form What We Do Become a Knight About Us Members
Calendar & News Letter Rent the Knights Hall Photo Gallery Motorcycle Ministry